Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!

We've been at Grandma and Grandpa's a couple days, and it is great to finally be here! The girls love all the new toys and all the lovin's they are getting, and Chris and I get to have a break to run into Kamloops for a few hours. I get to go for a lovely massage!
Kinsley's first birthday is today, and it is going to be a cozy affair with just family. Grandma, Lochlyn, and Daddy all pitched in making the cake. I think Grandpa even had something to do with the cake decorating! It was tasty, mmmmm, butter cream....

Everyone donned their hats (Kinsley REALLY didn't like hers at first), and opened some presents. She was more interested in the tags than anything. Chris and I bought a musical instrument set for her, knowing that it would be a shared gift for them. Kinsley surprised us all when she started playing the kazoo like a pro! And Lochlyn loooves the harmonica.


Time for cake! Poor Kinsley reached out and stuck her fingers in the icing (that's right - icing! No frosting on this cake!), and wiped it all off on her leg! It took her a while to warm up to the idea of cake, and she never did just dive in. She was rather dainty about it, actually.

4 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

Belated Happy Birthday! I love your photos! But I like fronsting ;)

TaraC said...

Hehehe, I love the pics!!!

Jen said...

Has it been a year already??? Happy Birthday, Kinsley!!!

Jenni said...

I can't believe she's one! Happy birthday baby girl! :) Those are great pics! :)