Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Garnet Beach

We got a last minute invite from some friends to go across the lake to their "private" beach! It is always a fun time when we go to Garnet Beach. Her parents, along with several of her aunts and uncles, have cabins set up out there, and we are invited across a few times a year for the day.

To get there, we need to go by boat. We were pretty nervous about it, because while we were running around town for provisions (ie. chocolate pop tarts and frisbees), Kinner screamed her pretty little head off. I don't know what was wrong, we stopped at home and got some motrin for her. I thought for sure she would fall asleep in the car, but she did not. We hoped she wouldn't be like that all afternoon.

So, strap up the kids in their life vests and away we go! Uncle Ogre was the boat owner who picked us up, and he likes to make it a fast, bumpy ride! The girls loved it, Kinner was laughing away! L had her nose buried in an ice cream cone!





When we got across, Lochlyn saw the bigger girls get in their swim suits and started stripping down to put hers on too! I left her diaper on until I was ready to go in too, but the girls took her in without me. Do you have any idea how huge a diaper gets when soaked through? She played with the girls and the boogie boards, in her new little boat, and in the pedal boat. Thanks for letting her tag along, Ksquared.

Meanwhile, K the crab seemed a bit happier. She ride over almost had her asleep, in fact. I thought she might like to go in the water too, in fact I bought the little floaty thing mostly for her. As soon as her feet hit the water, she started to squawk. I thought maybe she would sit in the tube, but her feet were still getting wet. We tried flipping it over to let her sit on it. Well, she kinda flopped back, movement is kinda restricted in that life jacket. She was bobbing away on it, in the sun, looking like a little diva. In MINUTES, she was out like a light.

Going...Going...Gone!So gone that Chris and I were able to pick the tube up out of the water and set her in the shade on shore. She slept for a really, really long time!

For most of the rest of the rest of the afternoon, that tube served as a makeshift playpen. She loved it in there! She stayed in it much, much longer than she would have her regular playpen.

Chris got the chance to do some relaxing in the hammock, as opposed to sitting at his desk like he should've been. I wasn't about to try hoisting myself into it!

All in all, a great day! Thanks for the invite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics

Jenni said...

OMG...that picture with her bootie hanging out is AWESOME! That's hilarious! I love it! Looks like you had a BLAST! :-) Great pictures!