Friday, November 14, 2008

Very Different Approaches

Lochlyn loves to do crafts. She loves to paint, she loves to glue, she loves to cut. Admittedly, we don't do enough of it, but I have been stocking up our craft supplies in order to do some great Christmas crafts.
It was time to see how Kinsley liked painting. Lochlyn's first fingerpainting was done on her first birthday, and it hangs in a place of prominance in our home. We were late letting Kinsley dip in to the paints.

She HATED it! She didn't like the paint on her fingers. At all. She was a little happier when I gave her a brush to use, but all in all, I don't think she enjoyed her first experience much. She was so dainty, so careful with her strokes.


Lochlyn, on the other hand, was up to her elbows in paint, quite literally! That is how she has always approached her art.




Now, we will hang Kinsley's first piece up beside Lochlyn's, so everyone can enjoy. Her is her finished work, and below it is Lochlyn's very first painting.

2 comments:

TaraC said...

Awww! Cole is the same way as K, he doesn't like to have his hands dirty and does much better with a brush. I love both works of art, they are great!!

Imcombobulated said...

Poor K!!! I think she did a great job for a little one who didn't much like the experience.