Friday, May 16, 2008

Thanks, My Friend.


I have never done a post like this one before, so bear with me.

Although I have always been aware of how much you do for me, I don't know if I have ever thanked you for it.

Thank you for being there to listen to me. I know I don't always make sense, and I appreciate you trying to help me figure out what I am trying to say.

Thank you for not judging me for having differing opinions, for not always calling when I should, and for not always having all the dirty socks picked up when you visit.

Thank you for all your hand-me-down furniture, even if you did just get rid or it to make room in your wee little house!

Thank you for giving me plants and fish, even though I seem to kill them all. Except the Christmas Cactus. It had one flower this year.

Thank you for being so helpful and watching my brat so I could FINALLY get my driver's license. And for watching my other brat so we could make a quick trip to the doctor.

Thank you for allowing yourself to be dragged clothes shopping, even though you always find more to buy than I do.

Thank you for being my personal librairian, making sure that I never have a book overdue. And for finding me books that keep me from killing my children.

And finally, thank you for your touching birthday gift. It was your sweet gift that made me realize how grateful I am for your friendship, and how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

2 comments:

Imcombobulated said...

Awww! She sounds like a fabulous friend!

Anonymous said...

This is the most touching post I have ever read.