Thursday, March 13, 2008

L's Vocabulary

I know I haven't posted much lately, I have been overwhelmed with an underwhelming number of things. How's that for an explanation?

I thought it was time to update on all the things Big Sister says. She seems so imaginative these days, always excited to wear her "Ballerina shirt", although I have no idea what makes it a ballerina shirt. We bought her a very cheap magnifying glass, and she is always looking for clues, trying to solve mysteries. Today, she spent much of her time in K's closet "on an adventure". And, so did I, as she pointed out that there was "Penty of yoom" for me in there too!

Much to my dismay, she has also mastered some words that a two-year old probably shouldn't. Over the weekend, while fiddling with a buckle on K's car seat, she proclaimed "This is pi$$ing me off. This is driving me nuts!". A little while later, she overheard her Dad say "Something smells like pi$$". To which she replied "It pi$$ed off." Not only does she know the word, she knows how to use the various tenses of the word. Eek!

Not to be outdone, Little Sister is trying very hard to say DaDa. It comes out DaBlah often, but her DaBlah sure lights up when she says it. In fact, I can hear him telling his Mom that on the phone right now (Hi, Crazy Grandma!)

She also has her front two bottom teeth, and her first top tooth is getting close to popping through. She is suddenly quite mobile these days; sitting up like a champ (when we help her get to a sitting position, and when Big Sister doesn't knock her over...L gives very energetic hugs and kisses), and she is trying so hard to crawl! She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks. For now, she just combat crawls, wiggles, and scoots. She is getting quite good at getting where she wants to go. Now, when Big Sister comes and yanks a toy out of her hands and tosses it just out of reach, K is able to mosey on over and get it back!

I will try to be mor disciplined about getting posts on here. Don't give up on me!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hehe...I'm surprised James has not come out with anything worse than Damn yet. I'm just waiting for the day...
And way to get mobile K! Your mama's going to be running after you in no time!

Jessica Ryan said...

Alexander is upstairs screaming "shit!" at his sister!!!