Monday, March 3, 2008

How do I Get Less Tired?

Wow. It has been a rough few weeks. I can't even really place my finger on why, but I am tired. Of course there are the obvious reasons, like middle of the night nursings, and the odd cry for "mommyyyyyy" during a nightmare. But that isn't it. Last night, I was awake at least two times more than the girls were, for no apparent reason.

I am tired from lack of sleep, yes, but I am tired of more than that. I am tired of winter. The cold has come back, it was -35 yesterday, with the windchill.

I am tired of treehouse - how can they change their programming schedule, do they not know that toddlers like routine?? With our being trapped in the house, I have come to rely on certain programs being on at certain times, how else am I supposed to get supper cooked if Diego isn't on?

I am tired of diapers. I know L knows how to use the potty. She sometimes even asks, although she seems to ask too late. I look forward to the day that she no longer needs diapers. It is a seeming unending assembly line of diaper changes.

I am tired of my weight. Truthfully, I have not done much to correct this situation, but seriously, some unnamed friends of mine are dropping weight left and right, even those who have babies only weeks old. In my current mindset, that is not the inspiration it should be. I have lots of good intentions, and lots of good excuses too! The exercise just isn't happening.

It seems to me that I could go on and on about the things I am tired of. I am tired of the incessant whining, including my own. I suppose I should keep holding out hope and expectation for all the wonderful things that spring and summer will bring. I envision fresh produce, walks, bike rides, playgrounds, and beaches. All of those things should effectively take care of all of the things I am tired of. Surely it can't be much longer....

5 comments:

Midwest Miscellany said...

-35 is just crazy! It's not nearly as bad here, and I'm longing for nice spring weather too!

BTW, we couldn't live without a DVR, we record Diego, Dora and a whole lot more, and Kate knows it too! She picks and chooses what she wants to watch when she gets a chance.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure spring is just around the corner :) And darn it all I want to be one of your unnamed friends. I am hoping that with the arrival of spring the winter hibernation pounds will fall off. Hope Hope Hope

Imcombobulated said...

Well, my weight is back up, if that makes you feel any better!

I know what that general tiredness is like, though. Blech. Be gone with it.

Sorry you're having a rough time.

girlsmom said...

Of course that doesn't make me feel better! WE should all be as thin as we want, no effort required. THAT would make me fell better.

Leah said...

I feel like I could have written this post except for the -35 part and having two girls. I feel your pain. Bring on spring and miraculous weight loss.