Sigh.
Just as I was finishing with a client the other night - a new one, I might add - we hear from upstairs this exchange:
"Whose gum is it?"
"Mine."
"How did it get in your hair?"
"Kinsley put it there."
"How did Kinsley get YOUR gum out of YOUR mouth and put it in YOUR hair?"
"She just took it, and did it."
"Kinsley, did you do this?"
"Uh huh", nodding.
"Well, we are probably going to have to cut it out, you know."
"Nooooo!"
So, knowing that peanut butter is an old trick, I grabbed my massage oil when I headed upstairs. I thought it must be the oil in the PB that gets the gum out, and thought that oil would probably be a neater, less stinky way to go.
Up on the counter she sat, to begin the extrication. We started with ice, which was kinda working. It let us pull the gum apart a little, but a lot of hair was coming too. On to the oil! It was messy, it was tedious, but we managed to get it out. I was not willing to give up, the gum was right in the front, right at the root. It would have made for a ridiculous regrowth.
Oh, and by the way, we learned later in the evening that Kinsley did not in fact put the gum in Lochlyn's hair. She did it herself, although the details are still fuzzy. Why Kinsley was willing to take the heat, I don't know. It all sounded a little fishy, so nobody had gotten in trouble anyway, and we tried to make it clear to Lochlyn that it was not ok to blame others for things.
2 comments:
Oh No!!!! Glad the gum came out and no damage was done. Lesson learned the hard way, I suppose?
Oh no! So glad you were able to get it out w/o using the scissors.
Post a Comment