Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cake Balls and Christmas Crafts

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We have been busy around here. We have been making Christmas crafts, and doing Christmas baking, and I haven't been doing any blogging!

Our first job was our cake balls. We got the fabulous idea from my friend Kim, who got the idea from here. We changed the cake balls to be Christmassy instead of Halloweeny, and I think they turned out great! Although, making pretzel antlers is trickier than I thought. We will make some more soon.
Next on the list was a doorknob wreath. We used some pipe cleaners, and some ribbon, and some bells. Pretty easy, we strung the bells on the pipe cleaner, made it into a circle, and added the ribbon to hang it!

Next up, a handprint wreath. I must say, this turned into my job rather quickly. First, I had to trace and cut out dozens of Lochlyn's handprints. She helped me to glue on the outer ring first, and then I did the rest myself. My patience was long gone, and I just wanted them equally spaced, ok?? No harm in that!

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

the cake balls have me laughing! the wreath is lovely! I hope you hang on to it for a very long time to come!

Marie said...

I love the little jingle bell wreath. I think I'll be heading out and buying up some jingle bells. And who knew cake had balls? LMAO!!!